Ice-cream are great desserts with the young and old especially on a scorching hot day! I just love to make ice-cream even though I do not have an ice-cream maker at home. In fact, you do not need one to churn out the ice-cream if you have a good recipe to follow. I will often think of making ice-cream whenever I have left over heavy whipping cream from making cakes. This is a fast way of using it up without having to discard it as the shelf-life of an opened pack of whipping cream is 3 days. This mango ice-cream recipe which I am sharing with you uses the thick and creamy Greek style yogurt to replace half a portion of the heavy whipping cream used originally, so it is definitely healthier. :)
Healthy Mango Yogurt Ice-Cream
350g mangoes (purée)
100g mangoes (diced)
80g caster sugar
150g Greek style yogurt
150g Whipping cream (> 36% fat)
1. Puree the mangoes and sugar together using a food processor.
2. Mix the mango purée with yogurt well.
3. Use an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream until stiff peak. (Do not over beat otherwise the cream will become lumpy and butter-like.)
4. Fold the whipped cream into the mango mixture. Add in the diced mangoes.
5. Transfer the mixture into a freezer safe container, place a sheet of baking paper over the container before covering it then place it in the freezer. Remove every hour to stir with a fork 4~5 times as this will improve the texture and prevents the ice-cream from being icy. Ice-cream is ready when it hardens.
“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link back to the relevant post. Thank you.”
© Copyright 2013 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg