Who says muffin has to be sweet? These Cheesy Ham Onion savoury muffins are damn delicious served straight out of the oven!
Quick & Easy Cheesy Ham Onion Muffins
(食谱大大改之孟老师的100道小蛋糕，English recipe translated by Baking Taitai)
80g leg ham, diced
45g onions or shallot, diced (shallot will be more fragrant)
50g cheddar cheese, shredded
1 egg (I used 65g)
10g caster sugar
55g vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
50g fresh milk
90g cake flour (I used premium Blue Jacket cake flour)
1/2tsp baking powder
1/8tsp baking soda
Note: Different brand of ingredients have different composites, thus there may be a slight difference in the end result.
45克 洋葱或小葱头，切丁 （用小葱头更香）
1/2 小勺 发粉/泡打粉
1. Put the chopped onion into a wok and fry over low heat till soft, then add in the ham and fry till fragrant. Set aside to cool.
2. Use a hand whisk to beat the egg and sugar until well combined.
3. Add in oil and milk, continue to whisk until well mixed.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Add into the mixture in step 3, use a silicon spatula to fold the flour mixture in.
5. Add in shredded cheddar cheese as well as the fried ham and onion. Use the silicon spatula and gently mix well. 5。加入切达乳酪丝，还有炒好的火腿和洋葱，用硅胶刮刀轻轻地拌匀。
6. Scoop the batter into the muffin cups about 3/4 full.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius, top/bottom heat, for about 25~30 minutes. ( The cooking temperature as suggested in all my recipes serve as a guideline. Every oven has different thermostat, you may have to adjust the temperature and timing to suit your oven.)
Do give this recipe a try. If you like it, share the recipe using the social media buttons below. You may also like to subscribe to Baking Taitai's free newsletter so that you will never miss a new recipe post. You’ll get an e-mail in your inbox each time a new post is published. You can also find Baking Taitai on Pinterest , Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for the latest updates.
“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link back to the relevant post here. Thank you.”
© Copyright 2015 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg