This is a homemade sweet red beans which you can use in many desserts as a fillings or toppings. Homemade sweet red beans as compared to canned ones are not so sweet and not so mushy.
Homemade Sweet Red Beans
150g red beans 红豆
300ml water 水
120g raw sugar 原糖
1. Wash red beans and soak in water overnight.
2. Cooked the soaked red beans until it boils and put into thermal pot for a few hours until the red beans have turned soft. (can also use double boiling or steaming method)
2. 浸泡过夜的红豆煮至沸腾, 放入保温锅几小时至软。（也可以用炖或蒸煮的方法）
3. Add in raw sugar and mix well.
4. Drain the water away, it is ready for use after it has cooled down.
4. 红豆水倒出, 冷却后就可以使用了。
The cooked sweet red beans can be stored in the fridge for one week or in the freezer for up to one year.
This homemade sweet red beans is used in my Non-Bake Cendol cheesecake. You may click 'HERE' for the recipe.
Do give this recipe a try. If you like it, share the recipe using the social media buttons below. You may also like to subscribe to Baking Taitai's free newsletter so that you will never miss a new recipe post. You’ll get an e-mail in your inbox each time a new post is published. You can also find Baking Taitai on Pinterest , Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for the latest updates.
Different brand of ingredients have different composites, thus there may be a slight difference in the end result.
“It takes much time and effort to compose and translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you DO NOT copy and pass it off as your own as I have painstakingly prepared each blog recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please give credit and provide a link back to the relevant post here. Thank you.”