I have done up this post for those who wish to try out my new creation - Non-bake Cendol Cheesecake but can't find cendol selling at their local supermarkets.
100g corn flour 玉蜀黍粉
25g pandan leaves 班兰叶
500ml water 水
few drops alkaline water 几滴碱水
few drops of green colouring 几滴绿色素 (I omitted this 我没加）
1. Wash the pandan leaves, cut it nto small pieces, blend it together with water.
2. Put the corn flour in a mixing bowl/pot. Strain the pandan mixture, press out all the water into the flour and add a few drops of alkaline water.
3. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stir constantly until the batter turns thick and translucent.
4. Prepare a bowl of iced water. Put batter on the strainer with bigger holes and press it downwards to drop into the iced water. (can also use a cendol mould or piping bag to pipe out)
5. Put into the fridge for about half an hour.
6. Strain it before use or keep it in the refrigerator submerged in water for use later.
You can use this homemade cendol to try out my Non-Bake Cendol cheesecake. You may click 'HERE' for the recipe.
Do give this recipe a try. If you like it, share the recipe using the social media buttons below. You may also like to subscribe to Baking Taitai's free newsletter so that you will never miss a new recipe post. You’ll get an e-mail in your inbox each time a new post is published. You can also find Baking Taitai on Pinterest , Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for the latest updates.
Different brand of ingredients have different composites, thus there may be a slight difference in the end result.
“It takes much time and effort to compose and translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you DO NOT copy and pass it off as your own as I have painstakingly prepared each blog recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please give credit and provide a link back to the relevant post here. Thank you.”