I am beginning to enjoy baking chiffon cake as it is really versatile and one can make it in a wide variety of flavours using fruit puree, jams, juices, extracts, citrus zests, liquer, etc. Here's sharing my 3rd chiffon cake using fresh blueberries shortly after baking a Gula Melaka flavoured one.
|Source from Internet 来源自网络|
Blueberry Chiffon Cake
(中文食谱参考Carol‘s 烘焙新手书, recipe modified and translated to English by Baking Taitai）
Ingredients (makes one 8 inch tube pan)
6 egg yolks (I used cold eggs weighing 65g each )
30g caster sugar
40g vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
120g cake flour (I used premium Blue Jacket cake flour)
125g fresh blueberries
6 egg whites (I used cold eggs weighing 65g each )
50g caster sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Puree the blueberries.
2. Use a hand whisk to beat the egg yolks and sugar, mix well then add in the oil, mix well before adding in the blueberry puree and whisk till well combined.
3. Sift in the cake flour 1/2 at a time and mix well till no trace of flour is seen. (Mix swiftly to avoid gluten forming which will affect the texture of cake)
4. In another bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites using medium speed till frothy then add in the lemon juice. Continue to beat till soft peak, gradually add in caster sugar and continue to beat until stiff peak.
4。在另一个钢盆，用电动搅拌器用中速搅打蛋白到泡沫状，加入柠檬汁。继续搅打到湿性发泡，逐渐加入细砂糖，继续打成尾端挺立的蛋白霜 - 干性发泡。
5. Add the meringue into the egg yolk batter 1/3 at a time, each time gently mixed well before adding the next. When done, pour the batter into the chiffon pan.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven on the lowest rack at 150 degree Celcius top/bottom heat for 45~55mins.
7. Remove from oven, immediately invert cake until completely cooled.
Do give this recipe a try. If you like it, share the recipe using the social media buttons below. You may also like to subscribe to Baking Taitai's free newsletter so that you will never miss a new recipe post. You’ll get an e-mail in your inbox each time a new post is published. You can also find Baking Taitai on Pinterest , Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for the latest updates.
I'm submitting this post to the Best Recipes for Everyone June15 event: Secret of Chiffon & Swiss Roll organized and hosted by Fion of XuanHom's Mom
Thanks for dropping by. See you again!
The cooking temperature as suggested in all my recipes serve as a guideline. Every oven has different thermostat, you may have to adjust the temperature and timing to suit your oven. Different brand of ingredients have different composites, thus there may be a slight difference in the end result. 食谱里的烘烤温度和时间只是供参考，每一架烤炉的恒温器都不同，请自己调适。不同品牌的材料有不同的复合材料，所以最终成品有可能稍有不同。
“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link back to the relevant post here. Thank you.”
© Copyright 2015 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg