As requested by my readers and fans, here is the video tutorial for baking a basic sponge cake which you can transform into beautiful cakes with decor of your desires. Hope you find this tutorial video which I have made specially for you useful.
This video is done using an iphone with one hand videoing and taking photos while working with the other. Click 'HERE' to watch the tutorial.
Chocolate Sponge Cake
100g Cake Flour
20g Cocoa Powder ( I use Cacao Barry brand)
45g Caster Sugar
3/4 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
4 Egg Yolks (room temperature)
65g Fresh Milk
45g Corn oil
3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Egg White (room temperature)
1/4 tsp Tartar powder (can substitute with 1/4 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice)
80g Caster Sugar
Tip: To make vanilla flavour, just replaced the cocoa powder with cake flour.
20克 可可粉（我用上等的 Cacao Barry 牌子）
1/4茶匙 塔塔粉 (可以用1/4茶匙白醋或柠檬汁代替）
1. Prepare an 8 inch round pan with removable base. Line the base and the sides with baking paper.
2. Preheat the oven at 140 degree celcius, top and bottom heat.
3. Prepare Ingredient A - Using a hand whisk, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, followed by mixing the wet ingredients in another bowl. Add both dry and wet ingredients together and mix till well combined.
3，准备食材A - 用手搅拌器，在一个碗中混合干食材，然后在另一个碗中混合湿食材。再把混合的干食材和湿食材一起拌匀。
4. Prepare Ingredient B - Use an electric stand mixer and whisk the egg whites and tartar powder till bubble stage, add in sugar gradually 1/3 at a time and beat until soft peak. (ensure egg white does not come into contact with any egg yolk, water or oil or the meringue will not be successful.)
5. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the meringue into Ingredient A, 1/3 at a time, each time mixing well before folding in the next 1/3.
6. Pour the cake mixture into the pan, bang the baking pan on the tabletop a few times to release the bigger air bubbles.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 50~60 minutes. Place the pan slightly lower than the middle rack.
**The cooking temperature as suggested in the recipe serve as a guideline. You may have to adjust the temperature and timing to suit your oven.
8. Test with a skewer which comes out clean, the cake is done. Remove cake from pan to cool on a wiring rack.
Here's sharing some of the cakes which I have done using this basic sponge cake recipe.
|Which is your favourite? |
Feedback given by readers who have tried this recipe:
Eeleenz Liang says,"I've tried few sponge cake recipes & yours is very nice, soft & fluffy. Super gd recipe!"
Jenny Lim says," It's perfect!"
I'm submitting this post to Little Thumbs up (May 2014: Milk) organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House.
“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link back to the relevant post here. Thank you.”
© Copyright 2014 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg