Using the purple sweet potato powder I made 2 weeks ago, I have baked these butter cookies and am happy that it turned out a beautiful purplish pink which is acheived by using all natural colouring and nothing artificial at all! These cookies used egg white only so if you have leftover egg whites from previous bakes, this will be a good recipe to consume it. :)
Purple sweet potato egg white butter cookies
Ingredients: (makes about 12 pieces)
115g unsalted butter, room temperature
50g icing sugar
30g egg white
110g cake flour (I used Blue Jacket premium cake flour)
50g homemade purple sweet potato powder *(click here for recipe)
*If you are using store bought purple sweet potato purple, you may not need to use so much as the colour will be darker compared to homemade ones. Please adjust accordingly.
材料: (可做 大约12个）
110克 低筋面粉 （我用水手牌优质蛋糕粉）
1. Mix the flour and purple sweet potato powder well together. Set aside.
2. Use a hand whisk to cream the butter and sugar together.
3. Add the egg white in gradually and mix well together. Use a silicon spatula to fold in the flour mixture till well combined.
4. Transfer to a piping bag.
5. Pipe the cookie dough onto a baking tray laid with non-stick baking paper or baking mat. (I used Wilton 1M tip)
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 150 degree Celcius top/bottom heat fan forced for 12~15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack, store in an air-tight glass container after it has cooled down completely.
Do give this recipe a try. If you like it, share the recipe using the social media buttons below. You may also like to subscribe to Baking Taitai's free newsletter so that you will never miss a new recipe post. You’ll get an e-mail in your inbox each time a new post is published. You can also find Baking Taitai on Pinterest , Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for the latest updates.
Thanks for dropping by. See you again!
The cooking temperature as suggested in all my recipes serve as a guideline. Every oven has different thermostat, you may have to adjust the temperature and timing to suit your oven. Different brand of ingredients have different composites, thus there may be a slight difference in the end result. 食谱里的烘烤温度和时间只是供参考，每一架烤炉的恒温器都不同，请自己调适。不同品牌的材料有不同的复合材料，所以最终成品有可能稍有不同。
“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link back to the relevant post here. Thank you.”