My family loves to eat scones. This is the healthiest scone I have ever made. With the use of wholesome ingredients like brown sugar, organic wholemeal flour, oatmeal etc., it's super nutritious, healthy and yummy!
|Source from Internet|
Super Healthy Scones
(english recipe modified from here, 中文食谱由Baking Taitai翻译)
Ingredients: (makes about 9 scones, using a 6.5cm diameter round cutter)
200g cake flour (I used premium Blue Jacket cake flour)
25g wholemeal flour (I used organic wholemeal flour)
1 tbsp baking powder (I used aluminium-free baking powder which is healthier and improves the taste of your bakes)
60g brown sugar
⅛ tsp salt (I used the healthy himalayan pink crystal salt)
65g unsalted butter, cut into cubes, put in freezer, take out just before use (I used premium president french butter)
35g instant oatmeal
130ml fresh milk
65g dried cranberries or raisins
25克 全麦面粉 （我用有机的全麦面粉）
1大勺 泡打粉 （我用无铝的泡打粉，不但健康还能改善糕点的味道）
⅛ 小勺 盐 （我用最健康的喜马拉雅粉红食盐）
65克 牛油，切成小方块，放回冰箱冷冻，使用时才取出 （我用优质的总统法国奶油）
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift the cake flour, wholemeal flour and baking powder togeher. Add in the sugar and salt, mix everything well together.
2. Use a pastry cutter to cut the frozen butter into the flour mixture or your fingertips to rub the frozen butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Mix in the oatmeal and dried cranberries. Make a well in the centre and add in the milk. Stir with a spatula until just combined.
4. Place the mixture on a floured surface and knead a few times lightly to form a dough. (Do not overwork the dough or gluten will develop and the scones will be hard.) Pat the dough into a rectangle with 1.5cm thickness.
5. Use a round cutter with 6.5cm diameter to cut the dough. (or you can use a knife to cut into wedges)
6. Place the scones on a baking tray laid with non-stick baking paper. Space them apart and brush the surface with some milk.
7. Bake it in a preheated oven at 200 degree Celcius for about 12~15 minutes or until the surface is light golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool a little. Serve warm.
Do give this recipe a try. If you like it, share the recipe using the social media buttons below. You may also like to subscribe to Baking Taitai's free newsletter so that you will never miss a new recipe post. You’ll get an e-mail in your inbox each time a new post is published. You can also find Baking Taitai on Pinterest , Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for the latest updates.
This post is linked to Little Thumbs Up Event : August - Brown Sugar and Molasses organized by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from my little favourite DIY and hosted by Jess from Bakericious.
Thanks for dropping by. See you again!
The cooking temperature as suggested in all my recipes serve as a guideline. Every oven has different thermostat, you may have to adjust the temperature and timing to suit your oven. Different brand of ingredients have different composites, thus there may be a slight difference in the end result. 食谱里的烘烤温度和时间只是供参考，每一架烤炉的恒温器都不同，请自己调适。不同品牌的材料有不同的复合材料，所以最终成品有可能稍有不同。
“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link back to the relevant post here. Thank you.”
© Copyright 2015 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg