This is my first time using Baguette flour to bake and I love the taste and texture of the french loaf which this flour has yielded. The baguette flour besides suitable for making baguettes & french loaf, it is also suitable for sourdough and all types of crusty artisan bread as it is able to give a rich flavour, crusty outer layer and great inner holes.
My hubby who loves artisan bread gave a big thumbs up for this french loaf using the baguette flour as he loves the texture so much more compared to the Breadmaker Wholemeal French Loaf which I have baked using bread flour previously. I foresee myself to be baking bread more with this baguette flour to please my other half. ;)
|Click 'HERE' for the list of stores where you can buy this baguette flour.|
Quick & Easy Breadmaker French Loaf
(中文食谱取自“我爱面包机”烘焙书, English recipe translated by baking taitai）
Ingredients: (750g loaf)
375g plain or baguette flour (I used Blue Jacket baguette flour)
4g active dry yeast
15g unsalted butter
375克 中筋面粉或法国面粉 (我用水手牌法国面粉）
1. Place water first follow by dry ingredients in sequence (except butter) into the breadmaker pan. (Note: Place sugar on the left side and salt on the right side. Make an indention at the centre of the flour and add instant yeast, ensure that it does not touch the wet ingredient below.)
2. Select 'French' program, loaf size and crust colour on your breadmaker.
3. Press start, it will knead for a few minutes before it stops. Add butter at this stage.
4. Let machine do the rest of the work. (I remove the dough paddle at the last stage of kneading so that the bottom of the loaf will not have a big hole. Just before baking starts, I sprinkle some bread flour on the top of the bread dough).
5. Remove from breadmaker when the program ends and transfer the bread to cool on a wiring rack for at least half an hour before slicing.
6. Toast the skin crusty for a better taste before serving.
Do give this recipe a try. If you like it, share the recipe using the social media buttons below. You may also like to subscribe to Baking Taitai's free newsletter so that you will never miss a new recipe post. You’ll get an e-mail in your inbox each time a new post is published. You can also find Baking Taitai on Pinterest , Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for the latest updates.
Thanks for dropping by. See you again!
The cooking temperature as suggested in all my recipes serve as a guideline. Every oven has different thermostat, you may have to adjust the temperature and timing to suit your oven. Different brand of ingredients have different composites, thus there may be a slight difference in the end result. 食谱里的烘烤温度和时间只是供参考，每一架烤炉的恒温器都不同，请自己调适。不同品牌的材料有不同的复合材料，所以最终成品有可能稍有不同。
“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link back to the relevant post here. Thank you.”
© Copyright 2015 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg