It's been a long time since I shared a breadmaker recipe. I have not forsaken my Kenwood breadmaker, it is still working hard for me baking loaf bread twice a week. I have not shared a new breadmaker recipe as I have been sticking to my basic loaf using the Wu Pao Chun Champion Toast breadmaker recipe. Being the host for this month's Little Thumbs Up event with the theme 'Tea', I decided to try out a Tea Bread recipe (茶叶面包）from a recipe book - 我爱面包机 (I Love Breadmaker). I have chosen to use Earl Grey tea. According to Wikipedia, Earl Grey tea is a tea blend with a distinctive citrus flavour and aroma derived from the addition of oil extracted from the rind of the bergamot orange, a fragrant citrus fruit. The loaf turns out wonderfully aromatic and tasty!
Earl Grey Tea Bread
Ingredients: (makes 500g loaf)
250g Bread Flour (I used Blue Jacket bread flour)
3g instant dry yeast
30g sugar (I used demerara sugar)
20g unsalted butter
1 tbsp earl grey tea leaves (or 1~2 tea bags)
180ml boiling water
250克 高筋面粉 （我用水手牌强力粉）
1. Put a tablespoon of tea leaves into the tea infuser. Placed the infuser in a cup of boiling water, allowing the tea to brew for 10 minutes. Discard the tea leaves, let cool the brewed tea.
2. Place all ingredients in sequence (except butter) into the breadmaker pan. (Note: Place sugar on the left side and salt on the right side. Make an indention at the centre of the flour and add instant yeast, ensure that it does not touch the liquid below.)
3. Make selection for the program, loaf size and crust colour on your breadmaker. (Kenwood BM250 - select 500g loaf, light crust and program 1 (basic). This cycle takes 3 hrs and 13mins to complete.)3。选择程序，面包尺寸和外皮颜色。 （Kenwood 面包机- 选择500克重量，外皮浅色。1 -基本做法 ，这个过程需要3个小时，13分钟完成）。
4. Press start, it will knead for a few minutes before it stops. Add butter at this stage.
5. Let machine do the rest of the work.
To make the loaf healthier, I have added chia seeds to the bread dough. This is done at the end of the 2nd kneading cycle. (Kenwood BM250 will sound an alert at the timing 2:56 for adding it to the dough. )
我在面包团里加了鼠尾草籽（奇亚籽）。要等材料大概揉成一团时，再加进去。 （Kenwood BM250面包机会在2:56时，发出哔哔声，提醒加入。）
If you do not have a breadmaker, you may bake this in an oven. Hand knead or use a mixer to mix in all the ingredients (except butter) till everything is combined, then add the butter in and knead till window pane stage. (chia seed can be added in at this stage) Proof in a bowl for an hour till it double in size, punch the dough down and rest for 15 minutes before transferring the dough to the loaf pan to proof for another hour. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees Celcius for 35 to 40 minutes.
如果没有面包机， 可以用烤炉来烘焙。可用手或搅拌器把所有材料（牛油除外）搓揉成为一个不粘手的面团， 再加入牛油搓揉到完全融合。 继续搓揉甩打成撑得起薄膜的面团。（这时可加入鼠尾草籽）面团放在盆中发酵约60分钟直到两倍大，拍出面团空气，休息15分钟再放入土司烤模发酵约60分钟。放入预热烤箱，以170摄氏度烘烤35~40分钟。
|Let cool completely before cutting. |
Do give this recipe a try. If you like it, share the recipe using the social media buttons below. You may also like to subscribe to Baking Taitai's free newsletter so that you will never miss a new recipe post. You’ll get an e-mail in your inbox each time a new post is published. You can also find Baking Taitai on Pinterest , Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for the latest updates.
Sharing reader Lim Chean Voon's bake using this recipe, she says," It's so soft and fluffy with very light earl grey aroma, it smells really pleasant.. it's my best loaf so far!"
This post is linked to Little Thumbs Up Event : July - Tea organized by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from my little favourite DIY and hosted by Cheryl from Baking Taitai
Thanks for dropping by. See you again!
Different brand of ingredients have different composites, thus there may be a slight difference in the end result. 不同品牌的材料有不同的复合材料，所以最终成品有可能稍有不同。
“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link back to the relevant post here. Thank you.”
© Copyright 2015 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg