The week did not start well for me, I woke up with a viral fever on Monday morning with weak limbs and achy body, I felt lousy as all I could do was sleep and sleep and sleep almost the whole day for the past few days! How miserable!!! Felt better this morning and decided to bake my family's favourite banana cake but in cupcake form. We simply love the ultra soft and fluffy texture! Chill it in the fridge and it is so moist and fluffy, taste even better! Those who have tried it love it just as much as we do and I hope you like it too!
Super Soft Fluffy Banana Cupcake(Recipe adapted and modified from chef Richard Goh's Banana Cake, 中文食谱由Baking Taitai翻译)
Ingredients: (makes 19 small cupcakes with 6cm diameter or 8" round cake)
3 eggs (55g each, room temperature)
125g brown sugar
200g riped bananas (cut into small pieces)
150g cake flour (I used Blue Jacket unbleached cake flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
100g sunflower oil
|Weigh and prepare ingredients before you start.|
150克 低筋面粉 (我用水手牌超级蛋糕粉）
1. Sieve the cake flour, baking powder and baking soda together twice before setting aside.
2. Use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs and sugar at maximum speed till ribbon stage before mixing in the banana until well combined. ( This will ensure a light and fluffy texture. )
3. Fold in the flour using your bare and clean hand for about 2 to 3 times. (using hand instead of spatula will ensure flour is fold in evenly.)
4. Add in the oil (at this stage, it is alright when you still see the flour, the purpose is to let the flour absorb the oil) and continue folding with your hand and mix well till batter is shiny and flowing.
5. Scoop the batter into the muffin cups 80% full.
|I added some chocolate rice on top. |
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees top and bottom heat, for 17~20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
|Cupcake form - Chill it in the fridge for better taste, it is so moist and fluffy especially using Blue Jacket flour which has high water absorbency! |
|If using recipe to bake an 8 inch round cake, baking time is about 40~45 minutes, or test with skewer comes out clean.|
Updated on 18 May 2016
Surface topped with sliced bananas & chopped walnuts, yummy!!!
|Baked in 7 inch square pan - 160 degrees top/bottom heat for 45 mins|
Feedback given by reader who has tried this recipe:
YiLing says," it's Super Delicious!"
I am linking this post to Little Thumbs Up March 2015: Banana organised by Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids, Doreen of My Little Favourite D.I.Y, and hosted by Faeez from BitterSweetSpicy
Thanks for dropping by. See you again!
The cooking temperature as suggested in all my recipes serve as a guideline. Every oven has different thermostat, you may have to adjust the temperature and timing to suit your oven. Different brand of ingredients have different composites, thus there may be a slight difference in the end result. 食谱里的烘烤温度和时间只是供参考，每一架烤炉的恒温器都不同，请自己调适。不同品牌的材料有不同的复合材料，所以最终成品有可能稍有不同。
“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link back to the relevant post here. Thank you.”
© Copyright 2015 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg