|Pardon my photo taking as it is really not easy to capture nice ice-cream shots in our hot humid weather in Singapore. I am using the Tovolo Ice-cream scoop which provides the perfect scoop and keeps the counter clean.|
Ever since I have an ice-cream maker at home, I have been making ice-cream almost fornightly. I enjoy experimenting new ice-cream flavours but my family's favourite is still the Matcha ice-cream which you can find the recipe here.
Besides Matcha flavour, we love dark chocolate (see the benefits below) ice-cream too especially the premium dark chococolate 'Hei' (黑) ice-cream from Awfully Chocolate. I am still experimenting and hope that I will achieve close to the 'Hei' (黑) chocolate ice-cream one day...hei hei! ;p Meanwhile, let me share this new creation that I tried yesterday which satisfied my craving for dark chocolate and peanut butter at the same time!
|Source from the Internet|
Homemade Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice-Cream
225ml fresh milk
80g organic raw sugar (can reduce 10g if prefer less sweet)
200g dark chocolate (I used 20 pieces Malago 65% dark chocolate*)
450ml heavy whipping cream (I used Milac whipping cream with 38% fat)
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used Queen's vanilla extract with vanilla seeds)
80g Reese's peanut butter chips
80克 有机原糖 (不要太甜，可减少10克糖）
200克 黑巧克力（我用20片Malago 65％黑巧克力*）
80克 Reese's 花生酱豆豆
1. Place dark chocolate, milk and sugar in a pot. Cook over a hob using low heat and stir till chocolate melts and mix well together.
2. Stir in the whipping cream and vanilla extract.
3. Transfer to the mixing bowl and allow to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. (If you do not own an ice-cream maker, stir in the Reese's peanut butter chips after step two. Transfer the mixture into a freezer safe container and place it in the freezer. Remove every hour to stir with a fork, repeat for 4~5 times as this will improve the texture and prevents the ice-cream from being icy. Ice-cream is ready when it hardens.)
4. Remove from fridge and process the chilled chocolate mixture in an ice-cream maker for 50 minutes.
5. Add the Reese's peanut butter chips during the last 5 minutes of mixing.
6. When finished, pour the ice-cream into a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze in the refrigerator until solid before serving.
Do give this recipe a try. If you like it, share the recipe using the social media buttons below. You may also like to subscribe to Baking Taitai's free newsletter so that you will never miss a new recipe post. You’ll get an e-mail in your inbox each time a new post is published. You can also find Baking Taitai on Pinterest , Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for the latest updates.
The Tovolo products which you see above except the Tovolo ice-cream tub are available @ www.tovolo.com.sg and www.hipvan.com , all Robinsons stores, Metro Centrepoint, Harvey Norman Suntec City and Takashimaya in Singapore. However, if you are interested in the Tovolo ice-cream tub, you may express your interest on Tovolo's Facebook page or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am linking this to Little Thumbs Up February 2015: Cocoa organised by Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids, Doreen of My Little Favourite D.I.Y, and hosted by Grace of Life Can Be Simple
Thanks for dropping by. See you again!
“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link back to the relevant post here. Thank you.”