Did you guess it right that I was going to bake this dessert using the smooth and creamy vanilla custard recipe that I have uploaded in the blog yesterday?
This is a simple and yet mouth-watering recipe which you can whip up in a short time especially if you have visiting guests, you'll be sure to impress them! I am inspired to try this out after seeing a few of my blogger friends baking this Mille-Feuille in a Bake-Along.
According to Wikipidia, Mille-Feuille (meaning 'a thousand leaves') is a French pastry which is made up of three layers of pâte feuilletée (puff pastry), alternating with two layers of crème pâtissière (pastry cream). The top pastry layer is dusted with confectioner's sugar or glazed with icing.
I have used Pampas ready frozen pastry sheets, this is a time saver especially when you don't have spare time to make the puff pastry from scratch as it is time consuming and a meticulous process.
Valentine's Day is just about a month away, why not consider making this lovely and delectable french dessert to impress your Valentine?
法式千层酥夹着清新的草莓和香浓的卡士达奶油，大口爽爽地咬下去! 咔滋...咔滋... 简直赞爆了！
Ingredients：(makes about 11 mini ones)
1.5 Frozen puff pastry (25cm x 25cm)
1 box of strawberry (250g)
Vanilla custard cream (click here for recipe)
食材 : （可做11个迷你的）
1.5片 冷冻酥皮 （25厘米 x 25厘米）
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celcius fan forced.
2. Use a knife and cut the slightly thawed frozen puff pastry into 5cm x 5cm squares.
2。用刀把稍微解冻后的酥皮分割成5厘米 x 5厘米的小方块。
3. Transfer the puff pastry to a baking pan lined with baking paper or baking mat, arrange them closely and gently poked some holes on each piece with a fork.
4. Place another piece of baking paper or baking mat on top of the puff pastry followed by another baking tray to weigh the pastry down so that it does not puff up too much.
5. Bake it in the oven for 15 mins before removing the tray and baking mat and continue to bake for another 6 mins. (Baking time is according to my Brandt oven.)
6. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wiring rack to let cool.
1. Wash the strawberries and diced it.
2. Pipe some chilled custard cream over a layer of puff pastry. Arrange some diced strawberries on top of the custard cream. Place another layer of puff pastry on top. Pipe chilled custard cream over it put diced strawberries on top of the custard cream. Top with a layer of puff pastry and sprinkle some icing sugar on it. Serve immediately.
|See the little black specks of vanilla bean in the custard? It's so flavourful! |
This post is linked to Bake Along hosted by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Joyce from Kitchen Flavours and Lena from Her Frozen Wings.
Do give this recipe a try. If you like it, share the recipe using the social media buttons below. You may also like to subscribe to Baking Taitai's free newsletter so that you will never miss a new recipe post. You’ll get an e-mail in your inbox each time a new post is published. You can also find Baking Taitai on Pinterest , Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for the latest updates.
Thanks for dropping by. See you again!
“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link to the relevant post here. Thank you.”
© Copyright 2015 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg