Last Thursday was my son's kindergarten class farewell party. Two days before the celebration, his form teacher said he had told her that mummy's oven has broken down and he didn't know what he would be bringing to school as mummy usually would bake something for any events or occasions. I assured his teacher that with no oven, I can still bake with my Airfryer. :)I went through my collection of recipe books and found this soufflé style chocolate cupcake recipe in the book below.
This recipe does not require any flour, oil or butter. The main ingredients here are grounded almond and eggs. The cupcakes turned out to be super soft and moist as it has adapted the soufflé method. A soufflé is a French dish of whipped egg whites that are combined with a base and then baked.
I have taken time to type out the recipe in Chinese and translated it to English for my English readers. Do give it a try, am sure you will like it. Oh, not forgetting, this cupcake is best eaten using a spoon as it is so soft and delicate and you wouldn't want to mess up your fingers or perhaps you may enjoy finger licking good! ;p
Souffle style chocolate cupcake
80 g almond meal (fine grinded almond)
40 g icing sugar
140 g egg yolk
100 g whole egg
70 g unsweetened cocoa powder (use high quality French cocoa like Valrhona or Cacao Barry, it makes a great difference)
240 g egg white
150 g caster sugar
1. Sift almond meal and icing sugar together using a coarse sieve. Add in the whole eggs and egg yolks, use an electric mixer, mix at low speed until the color is slightly lighter.
2. Add in the cocoa powder, mix at low speed till it formed a cocoa paste, set aside.
3. Beat the egg whites using a stand mixer until bubbly stage, add in the caster sugar 1/3 at a time and continue to beat until stiff peak stage.
4. Scoop out 1/3 of the egg white mixture and add it to the cocoa mixture, use the electric mixer and mix till well combined.
5. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the remaining egg white mixture. Fold using gentle movements from the bottom of the mixing bowl and mix well.
6. Scoop the cake mixture into the cupcake liners and fill up to 1/8 full.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180° C for 25 to 30 minutes.
Photos are personally taken by baking taitai with an iphone, sometimes with just one hand while working with the other.
© Copyright 2013 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg