As I have a packed of opened McVities Digestive biscuits in my fridge which was expiring soon, I decided to make a cake out of it. I recalled a Digestive cake recipe which my friend Joyce shared with me some time ago. This cake has a drier texture, my girl likes it but I prefer a moist cake, will try adding more milk if I bake this again.
Digestive Cake recipe
130g digestive biscuits (grounded)
35g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
50g brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g dried cranberries
50g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 7" square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Use a food processor to process the digestive biscuits till very fine crumbs before combining with flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla extract gradually to the creamed mixture and beat until smooth at low speed.
5. At low speed, add 1/3 flour mixture then 1/2 the milk, repeat, ending with the flour until well combined.
6. Stir in the dried cranberries & chocolate chips.
7. Spoon batter into the cake tin and bake for 35 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 mins.
9. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Update: 30 January 2014
Sharing Janet Tai's bake using this recipe, she says," I made the Digestive Cake with Cranberries and Chocolate Chips. That was a great recipe. Thanks so much. The cake has a crunchy top like cookies while the inside is soft like that of a cake. Beautiful texture. I baked them in a pan with dividers. I like to enjoy my bakes in small portions. Thanks!"
“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please at least provide a link back to the relevant post. Thank you.”
© Copyright 2013 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg